My mission today it to continue to provide you with easy and simple Do It Yourself organic, natural and safe skin products that will keep your skin beautiful and chemical free. Living green and healthy means that we need to use what nature provides in all aspect of our lives including skin care.
The ancient Greeks used honey to moisturize their skin and olive oil to protect their skin from the sun drying elements and if it worked for them than don’t you think we should be following in their footsteps and using natural solutions for our health and beauty products.
Toners are used after cleansing and before applying the moisturizer. They act as astringents and may help reduce the look of pores and wrinkles, soothe and purify the skin by removing traces of cleaners. You absolutely should use a toner if you are using cleansing oils or lotions. These toner’s can be blended easily right in the container using a glass container with a small spout or a spray top.
These recipes are inexpensive yet its benefits are priceless.
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw milk (a great cleanser that feds and soothes your skin)
- 3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil (contains healthy fats that penetrates deeply to regenerate cells and soften tissue)
- 1 tablespoons glycerin (attracts moisture to your skin)
Combine all the ingredients in a glass container, put the lid on and shake well. Use twice daily after cleansing or as often as you need to. If your skin is dry and irritated its time to use it. Make sure you shake well before each use.
You can store this in the refrigerator for one week and then you should make a new batch.
Herbal Toner for Oily Skin
This strong toner is very useful to remove the last traces of long-lasting makeup and concealers, to lift up pore blockages (comedones) in skin pores, and to restore the skin’s protective acid mantle.
- 1 cup witch hazel (has great antioxidant and astringent powers)
- 1 cup strong black tea (Contains Vitamins B2, C, E and minerals – magnesium, potassium, zinc, some essential oils) polyphenols (natural antioxidants that neutralize and protect from free radicals, and tannins (that protect us from harmful toxins in the environment)
- 3 tablespoons raw organic apple cider vinegar (great to avoid blemishes, balances your skin PH, lighten sun and age spots)
- 1 tablespoon grain alcohol
Combine all ingredients in a glass container and shake well. Apply this toner with organic cotton wool in upward strokes, making sure you avoid the eye areas. Let the toner evaporate and penetrate, leaving your skin dry, before applying a moisturizer. You can store this up to 12 months in a closed container.
What if your skin is dry at one spot and oily at another? Here is a great alternative solution so that you don’t have to use several products.
- 1/2 cup rose-water (click here for homemade organic rose water recipe)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
This recipe will soothe and nourish your skin and allow it to rest while it heals.
Mix all ingredients together in a bottle and shake well. Make sure you shake it thoroughly before each use. Gently apply to the face, including the eye area, but do not rinse. You can store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a closed glass container.
Check out What You Need To Know Before You Buy Your Next Skincare Product! to learn what you might be exposing your body and skin to that could harm your health in many ways.
We all want to look our best so take care of your skin the natural, green and healthy way without expensive products or chemicals that dry your skin and can cause permanent damage.
Please Share My Information-Subscript for updates via E-Mail!
Sources — Green Beauty Recipes Author — Julie Gabriel