Organic Apples are considered one of the healthiest foods and without a doubt we can give it an “A” for health benefits. Apples are filled with a natural wealth of health and can be used in a variety of ways. An apple can be eaten raw, baked, sauced, used in salads, meats, desserts, vegetables. It is almost countless how many recipes and ways we can enjoy this superstar fruit. It is truly one on Nature’s gifts that we should be including in our diet and our family’s diet.
Some Important Info About Apples:
- Apples are filled with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help to neutralize damage in the body and speed up healing. To learn more about the many health benefits of apples read “An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away!” .
- Amazingly, most of the natural goodness and health benefits of apples stay intact when cooked with the skins except for Vitamin C. Leaving the peel on is vital even if you are making applesauce and it will also help to enhance the flavor as well as keeping the nutrient compounds intact. Eat them raw to enjoy the delicious flavor and sumptuous taste that will make your taste buds sing for joy! There are so many varieties of apples ranging; from sweet to very tangy; crisp to soft; one that is sure to fit your fancy.
- Some of the older varieties that had lost popularity with large-scale commercial farmers are now being grafted again thanks to the return of organic practices. Commercially grown produce has generally bred out many of the plants nutrients.
- Another important fact about conventional grown apples — is that they on the top of the EWG’s list of 48 fruits and vegetables tested for toxic pesticide residue. Check it out @ ewgfoodnewslist. So make sure you choose the best for your family — Aren’t they are worth it? Local and organic apples are truly the best choice!
Peanut Butter Yogurt Fruit Dip
- 1 Cup Organic Greek Yogurt or Homemade Raw Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Truly Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey or Organic Maple Syrup (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Cinnamon
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a food processor on Pulse until smooth. You can refrigerate up to one week.
Serve with Organic Apples, Bananas or any kind of fruit that you choose. This is also a great dip for healthy organic coconut chips, or any other of your favorite dipping snacks. It is always a big hit at parties or just for a healthy snack or treat for the whole family.
By appreciating and recognizing apples during the Season’s Harvest we honor our earth, health, affordability, and availability. So choose organic local apples and see how many ways you can add this flavorful, healthy fruit to your family’s diet. Do have any favorite recipes or ways you use apples? Please share them in the comments!
Shared on LETS GET REAL FRIDAYS BLOG HOP!