Living a healthier lifestyle can sometimes seem a little overwhelming for some of us. It seems that there’s never enough of time to do everything the you’re supposed to do to ensure a healthy and balanced life. We all need to find a healthy balance to be able to enjoy and feed our body, mind and soul. Here are some tips for healthy living and shortcuts that can help you stay on track to a healthy balanced life.
8 Tips To Help Keep Your Life Balanced
1. Eat a balanced breakfast – Having a healthy breakfast is so important to getting your day started on a positive note. You body needs protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats. It should be about a third of your daily caloric intake. Research shows that people who eat a regular balanced breakfast will maintain their weight and lower the risk of diabetes. Some good choices that are quick and easy for your busy lifestyle is
- A protein smoothie containing kale or spinach, organic Greek or raw yogurt, hempseed, chia seeds, flaxseed, coconut water or milk, and fresh or frozen organic fruit such as banana, mangos and berries
Green Breakfast Smoothie
- 3/4 cup unsweetened organic Almond Milk or Raw Organic Coconut Milk
- 1 pitted date
- 1 tbsp raw organic shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 ripe medium banana
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup baby kale (or spinach)
- 1 cup ice
Directions: Combine all the ingredients in the blender or small food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. ENJOY!
- Try eating free range organic hard-boiled eggs that you have readily available in your fridge.
- Another great choice is organic fresh apple with your favorite organic nut butter.
2. Make time for Exercise – Exercising regularly and get your heart beating. Whether it is a brisk walk for 15 minutes or more a day, riding a bike, jumping rope, or walking up stairs in your office building at lunch time for 20 minutes. Choose what fits your lifestyle – just make sure you exercise regularly because it will help to —
- Reduce your LDL cholesterol
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Help maintain or lose weight
- Improve your attitude.
3. Meditate – Take time to relax and meditate daily. Meditation naturally calms the nervous system, slows your heart rate, and lowers your stress – all very important to good health. Close your eyes, set on a comfortable chair and try to shut out everything but the sound of your breathing. Repeat to yourself “calm” or “relax”. You can start out slowly with 5-10 minutes a day and then increase. Try it before going to bed it will help you sleep sounder and get a better quality sleep or start our your day with this calming exercise. However you can fit it into your schedule is fine, but make sure to take the time to do it daily.
4. Plenty of good quality Sleep – The normal recommended amount is 8 hours although some people need more. Sleep is important for a healthy immune system, keeps your body in balance including your blood pressure, will help stop weight gain, improves concentration and cognitive function. Making sure —
- Your bedroom is quiet, dark, and comfortable
- Avoid caffeine at least several hours before bedtime
- Follow a bedtime routine
- Stay off the computer for at least 2-4 hours before bedtime
- If you do have trouble sleep try drinking a calming cup of Chamomile herbal tea.
5. Brush and floss your teeth – Oral hygiene is so important for a healthy balanced body. It protects against disease. Did you realize that one study showed people with periodontal disease were almost twice as likely to have heart disease? Use organic or truly natural toothpaste without any dangerous toxic ingredients or make your own DIY recipe @“Smile With Confident The Green And Healthy Way!” .
- It is recommended to brush and floss after every meal but if that is not possible try eating an organic apple that will clean your teeth
- Or chew xylitol gum that will protect against cavities and increases saliva to help wash away bits of food.
6. Eat more Fiber – We need both soluble and insoluble fiber that has shown to decrease the risk or diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Try eating bean instead of carb-laden grains, broccoli spears that are low in calories and has many other health benefits, organic hempseed or flaxseed that loaded with fiber but, also has omega-3 and omega-6 for healthy choices. Another great choice is berries – raspberries had 9 grams of fiber in 1 cup.
7. Choose organic or local harvest – Make smart choices! Don’t be eating that produce that are loaded with pesticides and are nutrient deficient. Many studies have shown many dangers to toxic laden foods from pesticides. Help your support your local farmer and improve your health at the same time. Avoid the GMO and their many potential health dangers 8. Eat Real Foods – No processed foods that are loaded with artificial ingredients and toxic additives. No processed sugar that is like sweet poison and could be ruining your health, Try organic raw coconut sugar, organic stevia, raw honey, natural cane sugar, or natural black strap molasses. Read labels and if you’re in doubt don’t buy it.
Live life to the fullest by living green and taking care of your body. Feed your mind, soul, and body with the proper nutrition and balance it needs to thrive. Live natural, green, and organically and you will reap the many health benefits today and for the rest of your life!
Shared On MMM LINK UP BLOG PARTY!
Shared On A HUMBLE BUMBLE HEALTHY TUESDAY HOP!
Shared ON WOW Link Up Party!
Shared On REAL FOOD FRIDAYS!