Good health is a gift that many take for granted, until that gift is suddenly taken from our lives, whether it be something that was within our control or a product of our environment. Today I would like to focus on some steps to eating for healing chemical injury and or those who suffer from Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, chronic food allergies, or other allergies. Healthy and educated changes can make a positive impact on our lives, our families, and all those around us.
1. Eat free range meat/eggs; fresh caught fish; fresh and organic foods when possible.
- Organic and fresh foods have higher nutrient levels, lower pesticide and toxic residue.
- Canning and drying foods reduces valuable nutrients too.
2. Reduce your carbohydrate servings to small and stay away from refined carbohydrates such as sugars and refined grains.
- When you have eaten enough of carbohydrates to release insulin, your body also releases an enzyme (phospholipase A2) that damages cell membranes and myelin repair of the brain and nerves.
3. Eat nuts and seeds daily. Make sure you keep them in the refrigerator in an airtight container to avoid losing vital nutrients. They have essential oils that help in repairing of membrane, brain repair, not to mention the valuable protein and essential nutrients that your body needs.
4. Eat protein with every meal and snack. Its so vital to have all essential amino acids for all over body repair and detoxification.
5. Always eat 4-5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Your body needs good antioxidant foods such as; berries, citrus, parsley, onions, colorful vegetables and fruits, legumes.
- Eating a variety will allow you to have balanced protection of antioxidants that provide different protection and work in different parts and organs of your body.
- Eating beans, peas and lentils can give you healthy, soluble fiber. Fiber helps provide and balance friendly bacteria.
6. Avoid all “fake fats” and damaging fats, they enter and damage membrane functions. Those to avoid include:
- hydrogenated fats
- Canola oil
- Peanuts/peanuts oils are more likely to have toxic fungus, so try to avoid them
Some saturated fats and cholesterol is essential to myelin membranes health. They feed you brain, nervous system, hormones, and help strengthen your immune system.
Healthy choices include:
- Coconut oil
- saturated fats
7. Balance omega 3 and omega 6. Omega 3 and 6 are essential oils/fats that are needed for cell membrane and brain repair. If you are stiff, achy, have inflammation eat extra omega 3 – 1:3 ratio 3 to 6. If you are not achy or stiff then use a ratio of 1:4. *Note: Make sure you keep all omega 3 products air tight – they will lose nutrients.
- fish — * according to scientist research when comparing mercury in fish to health benefit — non farmed raised salmon, herring, trout, pollock, and tilapia are safe once daily, and tuna, halibut, sea bass, lobster were safe 1-2 times a week — Avoid shark and shellfish
- sunflower seeds
8. Make sure you get adequate fish oil – about 2 to 3 times a day and Chromium – 100-200 mcg daily. Fish oil omega 3’s and chromium help glucose enter body cell which turns excess food carvings, this also helps to reduce obesity and diabetic damage.
9. For cooking, use ghee butter, coconut or palm oil. Don’t heat or cook with omega 3’s oils such as olive oil or any liquid oil because heating damages them and can create harmful “trans” fats.
- Avoid grilling, toasting, and broiling because the brown/black color of grilling causes more rapid body aging and forms glycotoxins a cancer causing agent.
- Cook and bake all foods at low temperatures usually around 325 degrees (it takes longer but you wouldn’t lost valuable nutrients)
10. Food Intolerance: Know what foods you are intolerant to and avoid them until you have better intestinal healing.
- You can have delayed reactions up to 72 hours or longer especially in chemically injured patients so food testing is essential
- Rotate foods to avoid eating daily which will improve nutrient balance and reduce risk of new food intolerance’s
- eating foods that you body is intolerant to will increase fatigue and aching
11. Chew food thoroughly – chew until liquid form to allow the digestive to absorb all nutrients. Remember digestion begins in the mouth.
12. Test you pancreatic function yearly and use digestive enzymes until function recovers. Otherwise you are wasting money on food that you are not getting the nutritious value from.
13. Eat from the onion family (onions, leeks, garlic, chives, shallots) and sprout often.
- Onions family provides essential sulfur for repair and detoxification, and helps provide healthy bacteria.
- Sprouts have nutrients essential for life and broccoli sprouts help to prevent cancer.
14. Proper Alkaline pH: all body functions work better at slightly alkaline pH and if acid level is too high – inflammation is present.
- follow alkaline diet @chemicalinjury.net
- Keep urine pH above 6 (can test with pH Hydrion paper with pH range of 5.5 to 8 from your local drugstore or health food store.
15. Drink lots of water and stay hydrated. Water is essential for detoxification and for the whole body to function well.
- Avoid caffeine *decaffeinated tea and coffee still contain some caffeine, so limit the amount
- diuretics when possible
16. Make sure you get adequate iodine (300-600mcg daily) Iodine is essential for thyroid and all endocrine functions, among other body cells. It also can reduce thyroid autoimmunity. Avoid chlorine, fluorides, and bromine that can reduce body iodine.
- Seafood, seaweed or diluted potassium iodide are excellent sources of iodine
- Iodized salt lacks adequate iodine and competes with iodine in the body – Sea salt is a much better choice
17. Stay away from aspartame and MSG — they damage brain cells. Splenda is not a good choice since it can compete with thyroid function.
18. Juice and blend making sure you keep the fiber. Use about 2/3 vegetables to 1/3 fruit — this provides generous food-based antioxidants. Use organic when possible.
Remember to eat organic or local harvest as much as possible, stay away processed foods, GMO’s, and choose you foods very carefully. Healing is not easy and it takes a lot or work and perseverance, but it is feasible and worth your struggle. A few extra hints to healing is reading spiritual poetry, listen to relaxing music daily, laugh an often as possible, try to find the joy in life even through your pain. Healing is also a mental process that is vitally important to heal and live a healthy life again.
Please Share My Information!
Other Related Articles: “Is Environmental Illness or MCS Real?”
“Detox from Excitotoxins & Be Healthy & Happy!”
Quote of the Day: “Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded!” Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe