Today my friends I would like to discuss how to look younger. We all want to look our best and look young, healthy, and glowing, but let’s face it that is easier said than done, at least it is for me. We all age it’s inevitable, but we want to age gracefully. Having good genes helps, but many of us do not have those wonderful genes to help us. So let’s talk about some foods that will help our skin look its best. Just set back and relax and listen up!
The million dollar cosmetic industry would have you believe that their expensive products from a jar that are filled with perfumed chemicals and toxic ingredients will keep your skin young-looking young and healthy. I don’t know how putting toxic chemicals on you skin can possibly help you? Our skin is already exposed to some many environmental toxins that surround us daily and stress that is in our lives that has an effect on our entire body and all over health.
We all look for the fountain of young in our own way, some people think that going to the spa and applying creams and special treatments are the answer, but realistically many of us cannot afford that or do I believe it is the answer. Do you actually know what they are putting on your skin–is it organic or actually natural?
The truth is good skin starts from the inside out and that comes from what we eat and put inside our bodies. If we want healthy skin we need to eat healthy. I am going to give you some foods that help you skin stay healthy and look glowing.
Foods can have a direct effect on the way you look and how you age:
1. Dandelion sap: It is also known as dandelion milk, is useful in treating skin diseases which are caused due to microbial and fungal infection, as this sap is highly alkaline and have germicidal, insecticidal and fungicidal properties. This sap can be used on itches, ringworm, eczema etc. without risk. Dandelion also is a great cleansing agent for the liver to rid the body of toxins and can effectively cleanse the bloodstream. Your liver can be congested from aging, pollution, or health issues. It also has high levels of Vitamin A, B, C, as well as copper and zinc which is known to contribute to healthy skin.
2. Almonds: Eat almonds with the skin on and they will benefit your human skin with their high levels of antioxidants and have loads of Vitamin E in which helps to minimize the negative effects from the sun and skin cancer. They also boost your energy and strength which helps provide you fuel for exercise that will in turn benefit the skin health.
3. Cucumbers: They contain an abundant amount of trace mineral silica and Vitamin C. The Trace minerals silica is essential for strong connective tissue and supports the healing of the skin. If you do not have silica your skin loses its elasticity and will be prone to wrinkles and age spots.
4 .Sweet potatoes: They are rich in vitamin A, a potent antioxidant that helps to fight aging. Sweet potatoes help to alkalize the body, to combat skin dryness, and to your smooth skin. For the best benefit combine them with healthy fats such as seafood and olive oil, or certain types of margarine, and many types of nuts.
5. Pumpkin seeds: Foods that are rich in zinc, like pumpkin seeds, helps to repair the damage done to the skin, especially sun damage.
6. Berries: Berries are very rich in antioxidants, which fights free radicals that accelerate aging and wrinkles.
7. Chia Seeds: These seeds help the skin stay hydrated because they are hydrophilic and can absorb 10 times their weight in water. The work Chia was derived from the Aztec word for oily. Their abundant amount of which the body needs and cannot produce itself and can only can on get from a few dietary foods. Chia seeds with its high level of Omega-3 gives that has many health benefits more than for just the skin such as heart problem. Other sources of Omega-3 includes walnuts, coldwater fish such as herring, mackerel, sturgeon, and anchovies.
8. Avocadoes: Healthy fats such as those found in avocadoes help to keep the skin plump. Eating god amounts of monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats as well as applying it to the skin can help to keep your skin supple.
9. Turmeric: It adds in the treatment of of psoriasis, rosacacea, acne, and other inflammatory skins diseases, contributes to the elasticity of the skin, and helps to support the natural flora that can provide a barrier on the skin that will help to protect it from dangerous microbes. Turmeric is also one of the most powerful antioxidant foods.
10. Watermelon: Water-based fruits and vegetables such as watermelon help your skin retain moisture, giving it a healthier glow. It also is rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that fights sun damage.
I hope this information has been beneficial to you and you will use it constructively. Remember feeding your body a healthy organic diet and living a healthy lifestyle is one of the best preventive steps that you can do to ensure healthy skin and body.
Quote of the Day: Do something. If it doesn’t work, do something else. No idea is too crazy! – Jim Hightower
Shared on HEALTHY HAPPY GREEN & NATURAL BLOG HOP!