Today my friends, I would like to discuss a very important mineral that our body needs and that is Zinc. Zinc has many health benefits and is essential mineral that we all need. Why do we need Zinc and what is the best ways to get the proper amount in our body? I will answer theses questions for you.
Many of us have Zinc deficiency in our diets and is rapidly becoming a serious problem that can put our health at danger. Due to poor farming practices such as commercial fertilizers that don’t replace essential minerals that lead to abundance of nutrient-deprived processed foods. To put it in a nut shell, decades of commercial farming (non-organic) have removed almost all zinc from the soil.
Many children and adults suffer from a chronic insufficiency of the mineral. Zinc in supplements is needed to prevent childhood infections and diarrhea and to support normal growth and development.
Zinc is a mineral that is present in every part of the body. It has a wide range of functions. Zinc is present in every cell in the body. It is a component of over 200 enzymes. There are high amounts of zinc in red blood cells, white blood cells, your bones, kidneys, liver, pancreas, and retina. Every cell in the body needs zinc to divide and replace itself when the body makes new tissues.
Zinc is Important for:
1. For healthy skin: Zinc protects the skin from damage and gives us healthy skin. Zinc is an essential mineral known to improve skin tone, aids and improves wound healing and ulcers in the skin. Topical preparations (Click here to order) (zinc-oxide cream) are used in the treatment of dermatitis, nappy rash, and acne.
2. Zinc is essential for: A healthy immune system and resistance to infection to help fight cancer, is an important component of bodily antioxidant systems, and shorten the length of the common cold. Topical zinc may be helpful for cold sores.
3. Zinc For Healthy Male Fertility: Men have high concentrations of zinc in the prostate gland and lack of it can cause infertility in men.
4. Zinc Essential Memory and Learning Functions in the Brain: Researchers publishing in the journal “Neuronnow” identify the crucial role this super-nutrient plays in support of memory formation and cognitive stability, zinc may also play a part in controlling the devastating occurrence of epileptic seizures.
For the first time, scientists have been able to watch zinc in action as the nutrient regulates communications between neurons and the hippocampus to improve memory and learning capabilities. Ensuring proper intake of zinc is an important step toward optimal brain function and may prevent cognitive decline as we age.
According to the Science Daily — Researchers at Duke University Medical Center and chemists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology collaborated to study the effects of zinc on brain function. Scientists experimenting with mice used a chemical that binds with zinc to eliminate it from the brain of the test animals. They found that in the absence of the mineral, communications between neurons was significantly diminished and that zinc is vital for controlling the efficiency between nerve cells in the hippocampus.
- adding calcium to bones and teeth
- lowering blood sugars
- helping interferon work in treating hepatitis C
- restore night vision
- it enhances the sensation of smell
- it is essential for appetite
- it is a co-factor in many metabolic reactions, it is needed for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland, and it helps to regulates the functions of insulin.
- helps restore memory
How do you get the proper amount of Zinc?:
Dietary sources of zinc include:
- organic organ meat & liver
- dairy products
- Oysters and others type of shellfish have a very high content of zinc.
Vegetarians can include:
- seeds and peas to obtain the micronutrients, but these are not highly absorbance.
Zinc can also be taken as a nutritional supplement, in one of many forms. You can use Zinc citrate, zinc acetate, or zinc picolinate (click here to order) which is normally the best absorbed. When you purchase a supplement, you should be aware of the difference between the milligrams of actual zinc that the product has (so-called elemental zinc) and the total milligrams of the zinc product, which includes the weight of the sulfate, picolinate, and so forth.
Zinc has a metallic taste, but will appear after a few days or week. The benefits of zinc supplements are yours with just a small, regular dose.
I take a zinc picolinate which was recommended by health-care provider and I find it to be an essential part of my daily routine. We can no always eat the proper amounts of nutrients that our body requires, especially if you have food sensitivities or allergies. Taking some daily supplements that are extremely essential to our bodies can be beneficial in our all over health. So think about it and talk it over with your health-care provider-it just might be the right supplement for you.
Go Green, Organic, for a Healthier Lifestyle!
Other Related Articles: “Let’s Bone Up For Better Health!”
Please Share My Information!
Quote of the Day: “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail!” – Ralph Waldo Emersol