Green living and a green lifestyle is a way of life that is adapted by those who want to save the Earth’s natural resources and its environment. You have made a commitment to live responsible by using eco friendly, natural, toxic free, organic foods products. You have chosen that you will minimize the size of your ecological footprint and make a positive impact on our world. This lifestyle teaches you how to conserve organic food choices, alternative energy, green construction, sustainability, recycling, resources and other environmental topics.
Green Technology –The field of “green technology” encompasses a continuously evolving group of methods and materials, from techniques for generating energy to non-toxic cleaning products. This includes–
- Recycle and utilizing the “cradle to cradle” design – ending the “cradle to grave” cycle of manufactured products, by creating products that can be fully reclaimed or re-used.
- Green nanotechnology is the application of green chemistry and green engineering principles in which the ability to eliminate waste and toxins from production processes early on, to create more efficient and flexible solar panels, and to remove contaminants from water.
- green technology is using smart electricity grids, toxic-waste-eating stress and floating environmental sensors.
Green Building –Green building is a sustainable or high performance building. Green, or sustainable, building is the practice of creating and using healthier and more resource-efficient models of construction, renovation, operation, maintenance and demolition. It’s the practice of creating structures and using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient. This includes from the start – siting to design, construction, operation, maintenance, renovation and to the end — deconstruction.
Green Energy – Also referred as Sustainable energy is the sustainable use of energy that meets the needs of the present without causing harm to the environment or the needs of future generations.
Types of green alternative energy or renewable energy include:
- solar energy
- wind energy
- wave power
- geothermal energy
- tidal power
Organic Food – Food items under the class of organic foods are:
- processed, produced and packaged without taking the use of toxic chemicals
- using natural fertilizers, such as manure or compost, to feed soil and plants.
- Use beneficial insects and birds, mating disruption or traps to reduce pests and disease
- Feed animals organic feed and allow them access to the outdoors and graze the way mother nature meant them to.
- Use preventive measures; as rotational grazing, a balanced diet and clean housing — to help minimize disease
Green living means that you have decided that you care about what the future holds for your children and all future generations. It plays a very important role in preserving the earth for all life.
It is your decision to make. You decide if you have respect for our planet and yourself to make changes. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars building a green building to a difference. You can make a huge impact with by taking very small steps. Recycle your trash, use natural cleaning products such peroxide, baking soda, lemon juice that is good for our environment, saves money, and helps your body stay healthy. Eat organic or local harvest foods, teach your children how they can help preserve our planet their health.
“Go Green” & “Organic” to “Save Our Planet Earth!”
Other Related Articles:
Quote of the Day: “The time has come to lower our voices, to cease imposing our mechanistic patterns on the biological processes of the earth, to resist the impulse to control, to command, to force, to oppress, and to begin quite humbly to follow the guidance of the larger community on which all life depends!“~ Thomas Berry