Relax! How many times do you say that to yourself or someone has said it to you? I hear it all the time. But it’s not always so easy to accomplish, is it? Learning to relax is so important for healing and staying healthy. Relaxing with a soothing, aromatic flower bath salt recipe that you can make yourself can be a rewarding solution to your daily stress. If that doesn’t fit your fancy there are many other food staples, herbs, and essential oils that help you find the perfect solution so you can find your way to reducing stress, anxiety and living healthy.
It has many health benefits beyond stress relief such as:
- Steaming your face
- Nourishing your skin
- Soothing sore muscles
- Detoxing your body
- Promoting weight loss
- Promoting mental and emotional well-being
- Cleansing your body
A bathe should be more that a simple body-cleansing ritual it should be your private time of energizing, relaxing, soothing your mind and body.
There are many simple and natural ingredients that you can add to your bath water — many are simple kitchen staples such as:
- Raw Milk and cream — contains Vitamin D which is an antioxidant and helps skin growth — contains lactic acid, helps to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells
- Dry dairy and soy milk powder
- Almond and oatmeal — a wonderful way to exfoliate the skin
- Raw honey
- Sea Salt and Epsom salt — (sea salt benefits your entire body with its many healing properties) (Epsom salt can help the body replenish magnesium levels, soothes aching muscles, reduces swelling, helps heal bruises, helps detoxify the body and can help strengthen the immune system)
- Baking soda — helps to soften water and soothe your skin
- Green tea — soothes sore muscles and rashes, is loaded with antioxidants to rid the body of toxins, and relaxes you
- Herbs and essential oils — such as peppermint tea or fresh leaves, Chamomile tea and dried flowers, homemade organic rose water, lavender — they all have their own unique health and healing properties.
- Oranges and lemons — wonderful calming aroma that invigorates your skin, lemons will help to brighten the skin and is filled with antioxidants to fight disease and support the immune system.
- Organic raw apple cider vinegar — make sure it organic raw apple cider vinegar that has not been distilled or pasteurized. Organic contains higher amounts of phytonutrients that promotes good health for the whole body and when added to your bath helps tone and firm the skin, relieves dryness, removes skin flakiness, soothes it rashes and itchiness, and has anti-inflammatory properties to heal the body.
- Vegetable and nut oils — can help moisturize the skin among many other benefits
All these ingredients can help you on your road to a healthy and green lifestyle. You can mix and match ingredients to your personal taste and needs. Some days you might find that one item is more soothing for sore muscle and other times you might just need the soothing aroma to energize your body. Decide what your needs are and do a little experimenting to see what works for you.
I would like to share a soothing bath recipe that is easy to make and has many health benefits. It’s a natural remedy for whatever ails you. It might be just what you need after a stressful day at work, running the kids around for all their activities or you are just plain pooped from stresses of everyday life.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 2 cups sea salt
- 5 drops rose essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops chamomile, jasmine, or lemon balm essential oil
Directions: Place the salt and baking soda in a jar (mason jars work well for this) and shake well to blend. Drizzle essential oils on top of the mixture (you can match and choose whatever essential oils that work for you). Close the lid tightly and shake well. Keep tightly closed until ready to use.
To use dissolve 1/4 cup in your bath water and allow to dissolve before getting into tub.
Storage: You can store this bath salts for up to 12 months in a tightly closed container ready to use when you need a soothing, relaxing bath.
Enjoy your soothing, relaxing bath while listening to soft inspirational music, meditate and pray, or take the time to count your blessings. Healthy living is not just about your physical body but your spiritual and emotional well-being too. So use this time to relax your body, mind and soul. Live naturally and organically in every aspect of your life.
Let me know how you relax and what works best for you?
Other Sources: Green Beauty Recipes Author: Julie Gabriel
Shared On WILDCRAFTING WEDNESDAY!
Shared On MY LAMP IS FULL OIL ME UP WEDNESDAYS!