Today my friends, we are going to discuss prescription and over the counter pain medication. In my opinion physician prescribe them much too often, so I would like to take some time and explain some of the problems and effects on your health that these pain killers can cause. Are you ready and setting down?
I understand how pain can affect you and how desperate you can feel when you are suffering from debilitating pain.
Pain is more than just pain –it is also:
- lack of energy and it can literally take your life away.
If you deal with chronic pain, have joint pain and inflammation and wake up with stiff joint, have migraines, fibromyalgia, or just have an injury that causes you severe pain –the first thing you doctor will tell is to use over the counter pain relievers such as Tylenol, Aspirin, Advil or if they feel the need is greater they will they prescribe a stronger pain-killer.
If you listen to those fancy ads on TV and government health departments, you would think these medications are your only options and that they have few, if any side effects – but this is FAR from the truth!
A Life-Threatening Cycle People often take over-the-counter painkillers at the first sign of aches and pains, and this is understandable – painkilling drugs are:
- can offer quick relief when pain starts to disrupt your life
Unfortunately these drugs usually wears off within 4-6 hours and after using them for a time they will no longer relieve the pain, your body actually requires more and more. These pills are slowly causing unknown damage to our bodies. It becomes a very dangerous cycle that does not lead to any real healing. For that, you must get to the root of the problem.
The Dark Side of Pain-Killing Medications Painkillers
- do not cure aching hands, inflamed knees, sore backs, or recurring headaches.
- these drugs mask the problem, not solve it,
- this masking comes with the high price of long-term damage to your health, or in some cases even death!
According to a study supported by the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA), over-the-counter and prescription painkillers are often used inappropriately and there is an alarming number of people ignorant to the potential side effects. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), this is the first study to look at the characteristics of the population who often uses painkillers and their attitudes and behaviors.
The study is published in the November issue of the Journal of Rheumatology. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs). This includes many pain killers such as aspirin and over-the-counter medications like ibuprofen and naproxen.
Of the 807 people surveyed who used NSAIDs:
- 54 percent were not aware of the potential side effects of these drugs
- 18% has previously experienced side effects.
These are the facts:
- Everyday more than 36 million people take over-the-counter and prescription NSAIDs for pain relief, headaches and arthritis, with nearly 25 percent exceeding the recommended dosage.
- Each year, the side effects of long-term NSAID use cause nearly 103,000 hospitalizations and 16,500 deaths by some estimates.
Before you take pain medications, here are some important facts you should know:
- Prescription and over-the-counter drugs kill more people each year than illegal drugs.
- Besides reducing pain and inflammation, aspirin and, to a lesser extent, other NSAIDs interfere with cells in the blood called platelets, which facilitate clotting.
- Acetaminophen (like Tylenol®) is #5 on the list of drugs associated with death from overdose, just behind morphine!
- Recent research has shown that long-term use of ibuprofen actually makes your bones, joints and cartilage weaker, not stronger.
- Research suggests several popular painkillers may increase the risk of heart attacks, strokes and other cardiovascular problems
- According to the Boston University Medical Center pain medications does not help a fracture but actually takes longer to heal
- Although long-term use of NSAIDs in high doses can give great benefit in terms of anti-inflammatory effects, pain relief and cardioprotective effects, there is an increased risk of gastrointestinal complications ranging from stomach pain to ulcers, hemorrhage, and severe and potentially deadly gastrointestinal problems.
Natural Alternatives Remedies for Pain and Inflammation:
1. Take Glucosamine sulfate: Glucosamine is a naturally occurring element in the body that plays a crucial role in the building and healing of cartilage. Glucosamine may be efficient in treating and even delaying the progression of osteoarthritis. Some studies have hinted that glucosamine may be as effective as NSAIDs in treating joint conditions, while having fewer gastrointestinal side effects.
2. Try Nature Remedy InflammaGo is a safe, non–addictive, FDA–registered natural remedy containing 100% homeopathic ingredients selected to relieve pain and stiffness in joints and muscles associated with arthritis. InflammaGo is a 100% homeopathic formula and InflammaGo is a great alternative to anti–inflammatories!” (Get More Info on InflammaGo – Homeopathic remedy temporarily relieves joint and muscle pain, inflammation and stiffness)
I hope that if you have chronic pain or any kind of inflammatory condition that you will take heed to the information I have provided and try some alternative solutions. I will give you more ideas tomorrow on how to control pain and inflammations without harmful drugs.
Other Related Articles: “5 Natural Tips To Help Fight Inflammation!”
Please Share My Information!
Quote of the Day: When the going gets tough the tough get going! - Joseph P. Kennedy