Today my friends I thought I would give you some natural homemade skin care tips that could save you money, that are completely toxic-free, and that you probably have in your kitchen cabinets. Many of these item were used by our grandmothers and great grandmothers and lets face it sometimes they knew more about how to keep your skin healthy then all the cosmetics companies. I think there are many fine cosmetics companies that are legitimate and use organic safe products. But sometimes the best solutions are the most natural products that Mother Nature has provided.
1. Extra virgin olive oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin and will also cleanse unwanted oils from your skin. Take 1/2 teaspoon of of olive oil and massage into your face for a few minutes, then take a clean wash cloth and gently wash with warm water. Try these for a week or so and see if it doesn’t help make a big difference.
2. Raw Honey is also excellent for cleansing and toning the skin when used as a mask, but it also has great healing properties.
3. Organic eggs are great for the skin! Use the white of the egg as a mask for tightening pores and then use the yellow yolk mask to restore the skin’s natural ability to heal and protect itself against all the toxic environmental elements.
4. Organic sugar makes an excellent body scrub and polish, mix it with a pinch of olive oil or jojoba oil if you have dry skin. It might even give you a sweeter disposition!
5. Take lemon juice and dilute it-this helps with lightening red marks from acne and helps prevent breakout from acne-prone skin by gently exfoliating.
6. Take raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with green tea –this is a great toner for any skin type. Use undiluted apple cider vinegar and dab on pimples as a spot treatment. Using apple cider vinegar internally by taking 2 teaspoons in a glass of water daily– this is known to have great healing powers for the skin and the entire body.
7. The natural acids in Yogurt makes a great natural facial mask by rejuvenating the skin and gently excoriates, which gives your skin a beautiful glowing effect.
8. Oatmeal is known to soothe and calm irritated and sensitive skin. Use organic oatmeal and grind it into a fine powder and you can add honey or yogurt to make a soothing facial mask that will gently excoriate the skin.
9. Use a dry natural exfoliation brush before taking a shower. Make sure you always move the brush towards the heart to help detox your body. It eliminates dead skin cells, improves lymph blood circulation, decreases puffiness, and is calming to the nervous system.
10. Drinking plenty of water, staying away from sugar, eating a good diet with plenty of fiber and whole grains, trying to stay away from stress, getting plenty of exercise and sleep is of course very important for healthy skin and for a healthy body.
11. Eating as much organic food and staying away from any chemical exposure is very important to maintaining healthy, glowing skin, and to help avoid acne or other skin problems.
Sometimes we think we have to buy expensive creams and lotions, but the best remedies and beauty tips can be provided by Mother Nature. She provides us with many means to keep our bodies healthy, we just need to utilize these resources.
I hope some of these suggestion have been beneficial to you and you will remember to always to go Organic & “Go Green” to “Save Our Planet Earth!”
Quote of the Day: “To be on a quest is nothing more or less than to become an asker of questions!” ~ Sam Keen