Today my friends, I would like to discuss something that many of us like to practice regularly to try to keep our bodies free from toxins, pollutants, and to just keep healthy -that is detoxify. Gluthathione is the body source for natural detoxification. So lets learn what gluthatione is, how we use it, what it does, and how we can increase the levels in our body.
Detoxification is never easy, but there are certain steps that can help you do it properly and that can help you on your way to a Healthier Body! One of the ingredients that is necessary to detox and is naturally in your body is glutathione!
So what is glutathione?
- It is a tripeptide– a major and one of the most highly concentrated intracellular antioxidants that protects against free radicals (they fight against aging and disease)
- Glutathione is a critically important brain chemical
maintains exogenous antioxidants such as vitamins C and E in their reduced (active) forms
- Glutathione is not an essential nutrient which means it does not have to be obtained through food
- All cells in the human body are capable of synthesizing glutathione
- It is most concentrated in the liver where the parenchymal cells exports to the body
- It protects against Oxidative and Free Radical Damage
- detoxifies poisons and heavy metals
- helps in bile production
Low level of Glutathione are associated with oxidative DNA damage which means:
- that your immune system is at risk for disease
- risk of cancer
- damage of the kidneys and so much more
- liver and neurological disease
There are 2 major glutathione groups:
1. One is contained in many fruits and vegetables (GPx)
- referred to as a plant-based glutathione
- it is considered an antioxidant
- but less potent than GSH (which is naturally in your body).
2. The other one that is created only within the body (GSH)
- this is the most potent
- works naturally at detoxify your body.
So the question is how to help your body to produce more of this potent substance?
We first need to know how glutathione is produced in the body. Glutathione is made of 3 amino acids:
From those 3 amino acids, the cysteine is generally the most difficult to have in sufficient quantity. So by eating foods rich in cysteine, you would naturally boost your production of glutathione.
Many people think that all they have to do is take a glutathione supplement, but studies have found that taking glutathione in oral supplements have practically no effect on glutathione levels in the blood.
New Research has found:
There have been recent studies on the the use of Intravenous infusion of glutathione that helps relieve the symptoms of some severe illness such as — Parkinson’s disease patients and liver problems.
According to Dr. Patricia Kane and Dr. Neil Speight special intravenous infusion can help to remarkably unload the body burden of heavy metals and neurotoxins in patients suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome, Lyme’s disease and other neurological illnesses.
But it is also possible to increase and maintain proper Glutathione levels by increasing the daily consumption of Cysteine-rich foods.
- Brussels sprouts
- Red peppers
Another way to naturally increase your glutathione levels is to exercise.
Exercise is great for anyone, helps you support a healthier body, and is considered one of best ways to naturally detox. When you sweat you are eliminating harmful toxins from your body and supporting your immune system.
So if you are trying to detox or just keeping you body healthy from all the pollutants and toxins that we are exposed to daily please consider some of the above suggestions. After all we only have one body and we need nurture it the way God wanted us to.
“Go Green!”& “Organic” To Live A Healthier Lifestyle!
Please Share My Information!
Quote of the Day: The… patient should be made to understand that he or she must take charge of his own life. Don’t take your body to the doctor as if he were a repair shop! ~Quentin Regestein