Asthma is a life threatening disease that affects so many children and it is important that we know the facts. There are alternative solutions,natural and herbal methods that can help and even cure asthma in some cases.
In many countries asthma is treated with herbal remedies and not conventional methods. The Mayo Clinic reports that a combination of herbs tends to be more effective in asthma treatment than a single herb alone.
It’s time we stopped this disease and start living green and clean up our environment.
Natural Solutions for Relief from Asthma:
For acute relief from an asthma attach try: lobelia, or also known as Indian tobacco.
Mix 3 parts tincture of lobelia with 1 part tincture of capsicum (red pepper, cayenne pepper). Every 30 minutes (up to a total of 3-4 dozes) –take twenty drops of the mixture in water at the start of an asthmatic attack.
Other Alternative Methods:
- Alternative medicine recommended for asthmatic by the Mayo Clinic include — a few herbal remedies that may help improve asthma symptoms include butterbur, Indian frankincense and pycnogenol.
- Breathing and relaxing techniques — Examples include the Buteyko breathing technique, the Papworth method. Yoga and yoga breathing can help increase fitness and reduce stress.. Meditation, biofeedback, hypnosis, progressive muscle relaxation. These exercises may reduce the amount of medication you need to keep your asthma symptoms under control.
- Eating an organic and healthy diet can be extremely beneficial for long-term relieve from asthma.
- Eliminating processed foods, deep-fried foods, polyunsaturated vegetable oils, margarine, shortening or any other partially hydrogenated oils that might contain trans-fatty acids. Try using extra-virgin olive oil as your main fat and increase your child’s intake of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Make sure your child is drinking plenty of water to keep your respiratory tract secretions more fluid. It is important to find triggers. Try eliminating foods, one at a time and continue for 6-8 weeks to see if the condition improves. The most common food triggers are wheat, corn, soy, sugar.
- Eat ginger and turmeric regularly for their anti-inflammatory effects.
- Avoid and minimize contact with respiratory irritants, such as smoke, dust, molds, and volatile chemicals. Remove any known trigger from your home.
- Clean up indoor air pollution. Get a good home air purifier and system.
- In severe cases moving to a safer location and a change of climate, where the air is cleaner can greatly improve and sometimes completely eliminate asthma symptoms. Some good locations might be in the mountain areas, the desert, or near the seacoast.
- Try traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic medicine systems are sometimes able to offer significant help through more specific dietary adjustments and herbal treatments.
- Osteopathic manipulation such as cranial therapy or Rolfing that is done on the chest to break up restrictive patterns in nerves and muscles that develop in chronic asthma.
- Eliminate milk and milk products but you make sure your child is getting enough of calcium in their diet.
Asthma is the most chronic and dreadful disorder in humans especially in children under the age of 15 years. Let’s do something to stop it the natural and green way.
Please share this information!