Summer is here and everyone just cannot wait to lie around the beach and soak up the sun. However, even though you enjoy such relaxing time, you will find yourself melting from the heat. Luckily, there are a few cold drinks to keep you hydrated and cooled down.
Frozen Hot Chocolate
Everyone loves a cup of nice hot chocolate in the cold winter day. However, this tasty drink can be made to cool you down on a scorching hot summer day as well.
All you have to do is:
- Chop 3 ounces of the tastiest organic chocolate into pieces, melt it in a saucepan and add 2 teaspoons of a hot chocolate mix. After removing it from the heat, add ½ cup of raw or organic milk and stir until smooth. In your blender, pour a cup of milk and add cooled chocolate mix and a bit of ice. Blend on high speed and enjoy your cold chocolate drink.
Honey Matcha Smoothie
This delicious refreshing smoothie is a high in protein and nutrients, and it will make the hot summer days much easier to bear.
The recipe is pretty simple:
- Take 2 spoons of hot water, 1 cup of milk, one banana, tablespoon of local raw honey, 4 ice cubes and a tablespoon of your favorite Mista Matcha grade powder and mix them all in a blender. You can also add vanilla bean extract and vanilla protein powder and make this a refreshing post-workout drink. It will quench your thirst, give you energy and keep the heat away.
Hibiscus Iced Tea
Iced tea is probably the most popular drink over the summer. However, instead of relying on the iced tea from the shop, make your own which will not be overloaded with sugar.
The process for making Hibiscus iced tea is simple.
- Mix together half a cup of local raw honey with four cups of boiling water and eight hibiscus tea bags. If you like the tea a bit stronger, leave the bags to sit in the mix longer, or remove them earlier for a mild taste.
You can also spice this drink up with a cup or two of sparkling water, some mint and strawberries for extra refreshment.
Toasted Coconut Ice Coffee
Another simple pick-me-up drink for the summer, which will satisfy your thirst for coffee and caffeine but not make you overheat, is this coconut iced coffee.
- Brew your favorite coffee, pour it over the ice and refrigerate it until it is ready for consuming. At the end, add a little bit of coconut for a delicious surprise. With this delicious cold brew in the morning, you will not have to boil over a cup of coffee, rather you will feel refreshed and ready for another hot day.
Mellon Ball Punch
If you love melons, this will be the drink of your summer.
- Stir together in a pitcher 25.4 ounces of organic sparkling white grape juice, one cup of organic lemonade and 2 cups of organic lime flavored soda water and leave it in a fridge to chill. Gather one small watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew melon and use a melon baller to scoop the flesh of the melons out. After scooping, put the balls on a cookie sheet lined with foil and freeze. Take the pitcher with the juice mix and put the frozen balls into the mix and add some fresh mint, basil leaves and slices of lime.
Serve it cold and you can easily use the rest of the melon balls as additional ice cubes.
As you can see, not all drinks are meant for the winter and you don’t always need alcohol to try and cool you down. You can perfectly enjoy organic and delicious drinks during the hottest days of summer, and enjoy your days at the beach or in your own garden.
Shared on SIMPLY NATURAL SATURDAYS!
Shared on OUR SIMPLE HOMESTEAD!