I wanted to share with you a tasty, healthy, organic, sugar-free recipe that is easy to make and absolutely delicious and my story on how I came up with this recipe. If you know anything about me you know that I believe passionately in living green and healthy in all aspects of life. Eating healthy is certainly at the top of my list. So here is my story.
My favorite niece and her family were coming for a visit and for dinner with her husband and 5-year-old little girl. I adore them all. So I like to make a special meal and a healthy dessert that I know that they will enjoy. So I found a brownie recipe on-line that looked really healthy and delicious. The recipe called for Greek yogurt which I didn’t have so I thought I could substitute it with raw yogurt that I used constantly and always have on hand.
I made the recipe and put it in the oven but it didn’t seem to be getting done. I kept checking it but to my dismay I ended up with burnt brownies that were still not baked fully inside. I finally came to the conclusion after talking to several people who probably using the raw yogurt caused the problem since the consistently of it is much different from Greek yogurt. I threw out the burnt but still raw and flat in the middle brownies.
I put my thinking cap on and I have another great recipe that I blogged about previously — sugar free fruit oats bars that has always been a big hit when I made them. I decided to make a few changes and come with a chocolate version of them. Guess What? It worked out great and everyone loved them. Healthy, organic ingredients with no GMO’s or artificial additives.
We all had a great meal together and I sent the leftover Chocolate Fruit Bars Home with them. We even got to play a couple of games of Candy Land before the end of our visit.
Here is my recipe. It is easy to make and well worth the time. I hope you enjoy it! This recipe is sugar-free and dairy-free!
CHOCOLATE SUGAR-FREE FRUIT OATS BARS
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 1/3 cup organic Applesauce
- 2 cups organic Oats
- 1/2 cup soaked Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Real Vanilla
- 1 tsp organic Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shredded organic Coconut
- 1 cup fair trade organic Cacao chips (semi-sweet)
- 1 tbsp raw cold pressed organic Coconut oil
- Organic liquid Stevia to taste
1. Soak the raisins in boiling water for at least 15 minutes (it will make them plump and juicy – this is optional)
2. Put the bananas in a small food processor or blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
3. Mix the mashed bananas, apple sauce. with the oats, cinnamon and vanilla.
4. Melt the Cacao chips with the Coconut oil and a small amount or water in a double boiler until creamy and smooth.
5. Add the shredded coconut and stir in the cacao chocolate until well blended. Add the stevia – I used approximately 10-15 drops.
6. Put in a 8 x 8 pan and bake 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges and until the middle is fully baked.
7. Take out of the oven, let cool and then cut into bars. ENJOY!
I believe that living a healthy, green, organic lifestyle and teaching our children to take care of their bodies is so vitally important to a healthy future for all of us. With all the disease that surrounds we know that change is needed. Eating organically or local harvest foods, non-processed, without additives, or chemical laden artificial ingredients is the only way to ensure a healthy way of life. So whether it is dessert or anything we eat lets take the time to make sure it is truly healthy and pure. Have a wonderful and healthy day!
PLEASE SHARE MY INFORMATION AND SIGN UP VIA E-MAIL FOR UPDATES!
Shared on Wildcrafting Wednesday!
Shared On MMM LINK BLOG PARTY!