Today my friends I would like to discuss something that has touched all of our lives either yourself or a family member, and that is cancer. Cancer is something that we hear and talk about daily. I would like to give you some natural suggestion on how to help your body and your families stay healthy and cancer free.
9 vitamins and minerals with cancer protective properties to fight cancer naturally:
1. Vitamin B6: B-6 is the master vitamin (Check it out) in processing amino acids and the building blocks of all proteins and some hormones. This vitamin from the B complex is essential to support the immune system and helps to protect and maintain a healthy respiratory tract against infection and from the many pollutants that we are exposed to daily. Found primarily in carrots, apples, bananas, organ meats, sweet potatoes, and leafy greens. According to research Vitamin B6 helps with cervical cancer prevention.
2. Vitamin C: Is known for being a excellent antioxidant vitamin has shown great promise in the prevention of many types of cancer and disease control and management.It promotes healthy cell development, wound healing and resistant to infections. Vitamin C is probably one of the most researched nutrients. In a recent study that included breast, ovary, uterus, and cervix cancer patients were given large doses of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) (Check it out) and other vitamins. The results were very promising with the length of their lives increased to 13 to 21 times longer in those that used vitamin therapy via that did not. Vitamin C can be found in red peppers, citrus fruits, rosehip tea and potatoes.
3. Folic acid: Folic Acid (Check it out) is also known as folate or Vitamin B9. Research as shown that folic acid helps to protect in cervical cancer and is necessary for the proper formation of the body’s own genetic material, DNA and RNA. It is recommended for helping pregnant women. Found in beets, cabbage, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, most types of fish, and citrus fruits.
4. Calcium: Calcium (check it out) is not only good for your bones; it also protects against colon cancer. Good sources of calcium are nuts and seeds, carrot juice, dark leafy green, milk, and cheese.
5. Beta Carotene: It is considered precursor of and linked to vitamin A (Check it out) This is truly an amazing nutrient and is essential for optimal health. This nutrient is found in orange and green colored fruits and vegetables. Good sources of beta-carotene include carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale and Collard greens. Research has shown that Beta-carotene helps to protect the lungs and stomach against toxins that are linked to these cancers and ex-smokers who ate foods high in beta carotene daily decreased their risks of stomach and lung cancer.
6. Vitamin E: In addition to protecting against bowel cancer, Vitamin E (check it out) works as a powerful antioxidant that reduces the damage caused by ozone and pollutants on the cells. It is found in eggs, wheat germ, liver, unrefined vegetable oils, and dark green vegetables.
7. Vitamin D: This vitamin according to science and research has proved to be essential in preventing many types of cancer. Some studies suggest that higher intakes of vitamin D from food and/or supplements and higher levels of vitamin D (Check it out) in the blood are associated with reduced risks of colorectal cancer, pancreatic, breast, and prostate cancer. Very few foods naturally contain vitamin D, but these few foods include fatty fish, fish liver oil, and eggs. Most dietary vitamin D comes from fortified foods, such as milk, juices, yogurt, bread, and breakfast cereals or naturally from sunshine.
8. Magnesium: Essential for your muscles, magnesium also offers protection against cancer in general. Magnesium helps to repair DNA and damaged DNA can increase the risk of developing cancer, magnesium helps with the repair work. Magnesium can be found in nuts and sees, brown rice, whole grains and green vegetables.
9. Selenium: One of the most effective naturally occurring weapons against cancer is, like most healthy things, something many of us are not getting enough of. This mineral helps the body to produce glutathione, a powerful detox enzyme. Because toxic build-up is linked to cancer, supporting your body to detox naturally helps reducing your risks of developing cancer. In general, lower levels of selenium have been linked to higher cancer incidence. The mineral selenium (Check it out) has been shown in multiple studies to be an effective tool in warding off various types of cancer, including breast, esophageal, stomach, prostate, liver and bladder cancers. Good vegan selenium sources include Brazil nuts, button mushrooms, shiitake, barley, garlic, onions, broccoli, asparagus, tomatoes, whole grains and seeds. Other sources are egg yolks, seafood, poultry and kidney, liver and muscle meats that contain the mineral.
One of the most important ways to warn off cancer is by living a healthy lifestyle. Organic, nutrient-rich food is an essential part of a clean lifestyle. Take care in what you choose to eat and what your family eats-it could be the one of the most important lessons you teach your children! We need to take care of ourselves and stay healthy to insure a secure future for our world- So Remember to “Go Green” to “Save Our Planet Earth!”
Quote of the Day: “A hostile person lives in a hostile world, A loving person lives in a loving world!”
http://lifewithnature.com/detox-foods/everyday-foods-with-anti-cancer-properties/ http://www.best-natural-cures-health-guide.com/five-vitamins-that-fight-cancer.html m