Today my friends, I am going to give you more tips on stress buster and how to cope with all the stresses that life’s challenges adds to our everyday load.
1. Try Meditation: Sit for a few minutes every morning before you start the day’s activities and focus on your breathing. Close your eyes and slowly count the length of your inhale and your exhale. Your exhale should be twice as long as your inhale to allow your body to totally relax. This can set up a stress-free mood for the day. Meditation can help you achieve deep relaxation. When you meditate, your breathing slows, blood pressure decreases, and stress hormone levels fall,” says David Simon, co-founder of the Chopra Center for WellBeing. Learning to meditate takes practice, so be patient with yourself and don’t give up because it can truly help you cope with life’s stresses.
2. Do some yoga: Yoga has been shown to help enhance mood, reduce stress, and has shown potential in establishing improved immune function after stressful events. According to restorative yoga teacher, Dana Davis, “Restorative yoga enhances the ‘relaxation response’ by reducing the sympathetic nervous system’s activation (fight or flight), and increases parasympathetic activity (relaxation and healing).” There are many different styles of yoga available. Check your local area to see what classes are available and what is best for you. If taking yoga classes are not an option there are some very good DVD tapes that you can purchase and are good for beginners. Do some research or ask some friends about yoga and find the method that seems to be the best method for you.
3. Visit an acupuncturist: Acupuncture can be a powerful tool to lower stress by inducing a relaxed, almost euphoric state. According to Craig Amrine, licensed acupuncturist in Tempe, Arizona, “Acupuncture has been clinically proven to regulate levels of neurotransmitters including b-endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine–all of which contribute to the mood and emotional well-being of the patient.” Acupuncture is also known to be a very good for pain relieve.
4. Undergo hypnosis: Hypnosis works for stress management because it helps you get into a deeply relaxed state, triggers your relaxation response, and teaches your body to relax with breathing and concentration. “Hypnosis can also help you achieve various lifestyle changes that can cause you to be less stressed–such as positive thinking, getting more organized, and exercising more,” says Kym Tolson, certified hypnotherapist in Richmond, Virginia.
5. Connect with other people: There are many studies that confirm that people need people and need good relationships in their lives for support. If you don’t currently have connections with people– let me suggest some ways. Try joining a sport club, join a fun class of something that you are interested in, volunteer for a charity, or join a social group on the internet. We all need to express our opinions and feeling and release that inner voice. Connecting with people also means to try to have fun and laugh. Laughter is one the best natural stress busters.
6. Get enough sleep: According to studies almost two-thirds of adults don’t get enough of sleep due to stress and sleep is one of the best natural stress relievers. The average adult needs 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Some ways to help improve your sleep is to try to have a regular schedule -go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time everyday. Your body craves this consistency.
7. Try a relaxing massage: Massage is a great way to relieve stress. It relaxes tights muscles, relieves stress induced headaches, it release natural endorphins that improves your mood, and releases toxins from your body. This naturally reduces your anxiety.
I hope if your life is stressful, and let’s face it most of us have more stress than we need, that some of these tips and suggestions will help you cope and reduce that stress. My job has than been well done, if they helped you to take a deep breath and you are able to enjoy life more to the fullest.
Remember to “Go Green” & “Organic” to “Save Our Planet Earth!”
Quote of the Day: “Let the states of equilibrium and harmony exist in perfection, and a happy order will prevail throughout heaven and earth, and all things will be nourished and flourish!