Today my friends let’s talk about energy boosting foods that can help us stay healthy and support us throughout the entire day and for an extra bonus –Let’s Make That A New Year’s Resolution. Most of us have such busy lifestyle with taking care of your families, working all day at your job, trying to keep up with your house and all the work that entails, not to mention all the extra activities that seem either your kids or projects in your community requires, and with all the extra holiday festivities that we just had. It can certainly become overwhelming sometimes and takes all the energy you can possibly get. So my job today will be to help you learn about some foods that will help you accomplish all that is required. Don’t worry I’m on your side and understand what your going through and will give your some ideas on foods that will help keep you hopping through the whole year.
Different foods have various effects our bodies, but what we what to concentrate on is foods that are energy boosting super powered with vitamins, minerals, fiber and protein.
Best foods to keep you fit & keep you hopping:
1. Banana: Boy do I love bananas! This sweet fruit and it is very high in potassium, a nutrient that muscles needs to work properly. Doubled with a dose of complex carbs, a banana is a great snack after working out at the gym and will help to prevent muscle cramps and replenish your electrolytes after heavy sweating .
2. Whole grains: Whole grains can give you sustainable energy levels which helps to support you throughout your busy day. They are rich in fiber and packed with sustainable carbs, which will deliver a slow and steady flow of energy instead of a quick burst.
3. Flaxseed: Rich in both soluble and insoluble fiber as well as in Omega-3s, flaxseeds are the perfect food for heart and gut health. If you have a troubled digestion system you are very aware how your energy levels can be sapped. Taking care of your gut is important if you want to prevent energy drops after meals and for all over health. You can use organic flaxseed oil if you prefer.
4. Hummus: Made with chickpeas, lemon juice and tahini, hummus is a real energy powerhouse. Rich in complex carbs, protein and healthy fats, try hummus as a dip for raw veggies for a satisfying snack that will give you sustainable energy.
5. Oranges: Love those delicious, juicy oranges and they loaded with Vitamin C which helps repair muscle tissue. They are also available year-round in your local supermarket and are easy to carry with you to work or even for a quick snack between running errands.
6. Peanuts: Peanuts are so rich in protein and the small amount of fat can help improve your endurance. They are also rich in calcium which helps promotes healthy bones. They are great for pre-workout snack. Try adding 2 ounces a day for the best results.
7. Potatoes: An organic baked or boiled potato is an exceptionally healthful low calorie, high in fiber, iron, and potassium that supports strong muscles, not to mention that they are a great way to replenish electrolytes lost through sweat during exercise, or running after your kids or grandkids all day. They offer a very good source of vitamin C, vitamin B6, copper, and manganese.
8. Cucumbers: They are both as a hydrating and nutrient rich snack, after a hard work out or exercise routine. They have an extra bonus as a beauty aid that’s full of the mineral silicon, which will make your hair shiny and nails strong. Cucumber slices taste great on their own, dipped in hummus or marinated in raw apple cider vinegar to create an enzyme-rich cucumber salad.
9. Raw Sauerkraut: Raw sauerkraut supplies the probiotics and enzymes to help boost the probiotic ratio in your system. For an energy boost on a budget that helps to boost your immunity and synthesize B vitamins you need to maintain energy throughout the day.
10. Organic dark chocolate: The perfect solution for your sweet tooth while boosting and balancing your energy, but not added highly-processed, high-sugar sweets that can sap our B vitamin reserves. Eat one to two ounces of dark chocolate as an occasional treat and make sure it is non-dairy, organic dark chocolate which contains the highest percentage of antioxidants compared to other types of chocolate.
All of these foods have many other health benefits, but I wanted to concentrate on the energy boosting power they can give you. It is also very important to remember to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of good purifier water (8oz each) that makes it possible for your body to digest, absorb, use the nutrients efficiently, and your regulate body temperature. I would suggest that you try purchasing organic or local harvest if possible, because if we add all the toxins from chemical fertilizers and pesticides we not only loss the value of the food, but put our bodies at risk for many potential health risks! Make this year count and make this part of your New Year’s Resolution!
Let’s Remember to “Go Green” to“Safe Our Planet Earth!”
Quote of the Day: The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed! – Albert EinsteinPin It