Today my friends, I would like to continue discussing carpets, but since we have discussed the health dangers of carpets – let’s talk about how to protect yourself from those toxic chemicals and some alternative solutions.
1. Choose an alternative Natural Carpet: Such wool or hemp, but please make sure that you check thoroughly that they haven’t been chemically treated and unfortunately most of them are. Check out some to these carpets.
2. Look for the Green Label Plus Certification:
The Carpet and Rug Institute started a Green Label Plus Certification in 2004 which certifies that carpets are free from 13 toxic chemicals.
3. Don’t Get Carpet – Opt for Wood, Tile Flooring, or Bamboo, and Use Mats:
Let’s face it carpeting is not a necessity and I prefer a wood or tile floor. I think it is much easier to keep clean and they have some beautiful styles to choose from. If you still like the feel of carpet try adding mats and rugs, but make sure they are high-quality mats that traps contaminants. There are brands that actually trap soil and liquids in the mat and when placed throughout your home they truly capture dirt and prevent it from becoming toxic dust in your home.
4. Get a Vacuum with a True Hepa Filter:
If you absolutely don’t want to get rid of the carpeting or can’t then the True Hepa Filter Vacuum that is sealed will help keep the carpet clean and not allow the dirty air to blow back into your indoor environment.
5. Cleaning with a Steam Cleaner:
Steam is a natural, environmentally friendly source using just clean water to create a powerful cleaning force and have many health benefits. They help reduce allergies, contagious germs and viruses, respiratory disorders, just to name a few.
- Steam cleaners are very cost-effective since you don’t have to buy expensive chemicals and they are easy and safe to use
- Using a steam cleaner will also help kill dust mites and bacteria such as e-coli, Listeria, and salmonella
- They not only clean your carpet efficiently, but stream cleaners are extremely versatile they can used to clean you furniture, kitchen, and so much more.
My personal favorite is the H2O Mop – 5 in 1 steamer, which I have and use often!
6. Get a True Hepa Filter Air Cleaner or Purifier:
This will remove dust and toxins that come up from the carpet every time you step on it or when you vacuum. This will certainly help keep your home much cleaner and healthier!
Problem with polluted indoor air? “ALPINE AIR” is the only time-tested, proven high-tech solution! Click here for free info
Whatever your choice may be-make sure you consider what is best for you family’s health especially is someone in your household has allergies, asthma, or other health concerns. Isn’t your family worth giving them the very best environment that is healthy and toxic free?
“Going Green” for a Healthier Lifestyle!
Other Related Articles: “Beware of That Soft, Cozy Feeling Beneath Your Feet-Carpets!”
Please Share My Information!
Quote of the Day: We need to promote development that does not destroy our environment! ~ Wangari Maathai