Today my friends, we are going discuss allergies and tips for relief. Anyone that suffers from allergies knows that they can make your life miserable and sometimes it seems it doesn’t matter what you try — nothing works. If you are one the people who has MCS or Environmental Illness than this is something that you might just want to try because you probably cannot tolerable taking any kind of medications.
Strategies for Allergy Relief:
1. Keep all Pollutants to A Minimum: You probably already know that cleaning your house and trying to free from all dust and pollutants, staying indoors on days when pollen is prevalent, and avoiding strong chemicals are very important tactics to minimize your allergies.
2. Clean you windows: The panes and sills on your windows can attract mold and dust and require constant maintenance. Pay special attention to your bedroom. Do not have horizontal blinds since they attract dust and collect allergens. The experts recommend using simple rolling shades since they can be washed regularly.
3. Tile your bathroom walls: If you bathroom walls are wallpapered or painted that can be a breeding ground for mold. Remove the wallpaper and/or cleaning the wall and then covering it with tile up or else get the mold-proof paint.
4. Bathe your pet regularly: When your pet goes outside they can attract pollen, dust, and mold in the coat, even you get them groomed regularly it is still important to give bathes often and between grooms.
5. Cook fruits and vegetables: Even if you don’t have food sensitivities, some fruit and vegetables you eat can trigger symptoms such as itchy mouth, throat, and lips. This caused by oral allergy syndrome, which occurs when the protein in certain foods have a similar structure to pollen. You can avoid this respond by cooking them or by peeling off the skin.
6. Relocate your plants: Certain plants can cause reactions such as ferns, ficus, palms, and orchids and remember not to over water any plant which can cause mold to grow and a reaction. For quick allergy relief try moving your plants outside if necessary.
7. Air Purifier with a HEPA Filter: Using a HEPA filter—especially in the bedroom—is the best way to remove spores and pollen from the air.
Problem with allergies? Quick relief guaranteed with NO drugs or medication! Try this unique, Hi-Tech product for 30 days Risk-Free. Click here
8. Probiotics: Not only does probiotics benefit you digestive system it also helps keep your immune system well-balanced. It is recommended that you choose brands that contain Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, Bifidobacterium lactis and Acidophilus.
9. Quercetin: Quercetin is a natural antihistamine that inhibits the production and release of histamine and other allergic/inflammatory mediators. It is found in the skin of onions, apples, citrus fruits, and some other foods. It counters allergic reactions by inhibiting enzymes responsible for the production of inflammatory mediators. Also, Quercetin inhibits histamine release by stabilizing basophils and mast cells. Quercetin is widely used by those who suffer from constant allergies, such as dust and seasonal allergies.
10. Homeopathic Treatments: Homeopathy uses very diluted amounts of herb and flower essences. Dr. David recommends two homeopathic remedies (taken orally; you let the tiny tablets dissolve under your tongue) for allergies: Euphrasia, which is especially good for burning, itchy eyes; and Allium cepa, which is good for a drippy nose. She suggests trying one at a time (rather than together) to see which one might work for you.
If you suffer from allergies I am sure that you have tried many different solutions. Sometimes our best defense is keeping our bodies and immune system healthy, and making our home as allergy proof as possible. I believe it is important that you do the try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables and try to make sure they are organic or local harvest.
“Go Green” & “Organic” to Live a Healthy Lifestyle!
Related Articles: “Ways to Avoid Allergies Problems While Camping”
Quote of the Day: “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly!” ~ Buddha