Today my friends, I would like to talk about Organic foods, the benefits to our health and to our environment. I personally eat organic foods as much as possible and believe that it not only helps me stay healthier, but also contributes to stability of environmental health. I feel I have the duty to tell you as many facts about Organic foods and products as I can.
Just in case you don’t know what organic means I will give the best definition I can. Organic foods and products are produced using methods that do not involve modern synthetic inputs such as synthetic pesticides and chemical fertilizers, do not contain genetically modified organisms, and are not processed using irradiation, industrial solvents, or chemical food additives.
If a product is truly Organic it means the product is safe and pure for your body and the environment.
1. Did you know?—Organic foods and products are the fastest growing items in America’s grocery carts. It is estimated that 30 million households are regularly buying organic products including food, (click on links to check out) clothing, body and skin care, pet food, supplements, furniture, and multitude of other products.
2. Did you know?–That 56% of U.S. consumers say they prefer organic foods.
3. Did you know?— Genetically engineered ingredients are found in about 75% of non-organic US processed foods including eggs, meat, and dairy.
4. Did you know?— That in meat, eggs, and dairy, hormones, antibiotics, are added to their feed. Recent studies indicate that an alarming percentage of non-organic U.S. meat contains dangerous antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
5. Did you know? —Approximately 10% of all U.S. dairy cows are injected with Monsanto and Elanco’s controversial genetically engineered Bovine Growth Hormone. Amazingly these are all banned in most industrialized nations!
6. Did you know? –According to some very recent polls taken about 90% of Americans want labels to read that “contains genetically modified ingredients.” They feel and I strongly feel that it is our right to know what we are eating and what we are feeding our families. Of course, they realize that anyone that is environmentally conscious will not purchase these products and apparently are only concerned with selling products, no matter what the cost to our health and well-being.
7. Did you know?—According to Consumer Reports 77% of non-organic produce items in the average supermarket contain pesticide residues.
8. Did you know?—Consumers worry about rampant e-coli, salmonella, campylobacter, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), and fecal contamination in animal products coming out of the nation’s inhumane and filthy slaughterhouses.
9. Did you know?—The Centers for Disease Control have admitted that up to 76 million Americans suffer from food poisoning every year, very few cases of food poisoning have ever been linked to organic farms or food processors.
10. Did you know?—Most consumers are concerned about purchasing foods with high nutritional value. Organic foods contain a much higher contain of vital vitamins, anti-oxidants (that fight cancer), and important trace minerals. Studies show that organic food are nutritionally dense compared to foods produced with toxic chemicals and chemicals fertilizers, not to mention the GMO seeds used to grow the food.
I would just like to say that if you are one of the millions of American consumers that are turning to organic foods and other organic products I am very proud of you! You are truly taking a giant step to our goal of “Going Green” & “Organic”to “Save Our Planet Earth!”
Quote of the Day: Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair! ~ Kahlil Gibran ~